- 5 g agar agar (see the pic above, available in Asian food stores)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 30 g corn flour mixed with 4 Tablespoons water
- 90g sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- Soak the agar in cool water for 1/2 hour, drained well
- In a pot, boil the 1 1/4 cups water and softened agar until the agar completely dissolved. Lower the heat if necessary.
- Add sugar, coconut milk and evaporated milk
- Add corn flour water. Taste the sweetness. Turn the heat off.
- When the agar liquid is warm (as it turns solid very quick), pour it in a mould. Chill in refrigerator.
To make azuki bean milk jelly, I used the thickest part of the liquid (i.e. the most starchy that stays at the bottom) left from boiling azuki beans, to substitute the 1 1/4 cups water and coconut milk.
To make almond flavored jelly, I omitted the milk, replaced the coconut milk with water. You may need to add more sugar. After the heat turns off, add spoonfuls of almond extract and handfuls of cooked azuki bean.