Thursday, March 03, 2011

Ricotta Tortellini & Brussels Sprout in Garlic Oil

Photobucket

Bamboo boat and bamboo skewer & fork supplied by Restaurantware.com

Photobucket

Garlic, lots of garlic :)

My pantry always runs out of garlic. Local people always buy garlic. Bless me, so far I haven't attacked by a garlic-breath when I talk to anybody here.

Drizzle some oil in a skillet, throw in a lot of fresh garlic slices, now turn on the heat but keep it very low, saute the garlic for 2 minutes. Raise up the heat a little bit, saute the Brussels sprouts for 3 minutes, discard any garlic which got burnt. Add little vegetable stock and cook the Brussels sprout at medium heat for 2 minutes. Toss in cooked ricotta tortellini and cook for another minute. Sprinkle some chopped parsley leaves and grate hard cheese to finish.

11 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful combination!

Cheers,

Rosa

David T. Macknet said...

Looks & sounds delicious!

pigpigscorner said...

Yeap, lots of garlic is good!

Anh said...

ha! garlic is my favourite too. lately my husband have become addicted to the Turkish garlic yoghurt sauce :). I personally like my garlic to be slightly cooked!

Love this dish gattina. Simple and delicious.

lena said...

i wasnt sure of the rocotta tortelli so i googled it just a while ago..bet this is really tasty!

Nina said...

I love garlic - it gives a twist to many dishes.

...and is a natural antibiotic

Homemade Heaven said...

You have actually managed to make Brussels Sprouts look sexy - that is a miracle! Great recipe and awesome photos.

Food For Tots said...

I love garlic too and start to use more garlic in my cooking now. Your dish looks so simple and healthy! Love the food presentation! The bamboo boats are so cute!!

Caramella said...

Wow everything looks delciious, I feel like eating the photos themselves! I'm a new follower, from Italy! Ciao! :)

Anonymous said...

Your softmini hamburger bun is so cute im wondering what is the equivalent of 25gm fresh yeast to dry instant yeast
tq

Gattina Cheung said...

Hi Anonymoous visitor, it should be about 9 g of dry yeast for that recipe. HTH :)