Friday, February 04, 2011

Vegetarian Egg & Caviar

veg caviar-1

Ok, you know they are not real egg and caviar. So this dish isn't savory at all, I am making one of the popular Asian desserts.

The yolk is mango jelly. I used 100% veg agar-agar instead of gelatin.

The egg white is coconut cream.

The caviar is pearl-shaped tapioca. All these ingredients are easily found at any Asian store.

Valentine's Day is coming. So I molded the jelly into a heart shape, spooned the dessert into many amuse bouche's plastic plates... so everybody can be in love!

Photobucket

plastic plates supplied by: Restaurantware.com

5 comments:

Carrots and cherries said...

wow I just feel like popping one into my mouth, yum !

Finla said...

Looks so so beautiful.

indosungod said...

That makes me want to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day Gattina.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So pretty! I love this combination.

Cheers,

Rosa

Edith said...

G,these are so sweet. Happy new year.