Friday, April 15, 2011

Cheesecake in Chocolate Egg Shell

Photobucket

I hope these photos give you a chuckle :):)
But in fact these days I feel very down. For those who have child/ren not sure if you feel the same way as me... when my kid is cheated by her friend, plus received some unfair comments from another mean kid, I rather is the one who gets hurt. I feel I am so helpless ... although she behave so calmly seems able to comfort to me a bit, or maybe, she doesn't feel as sad as me???
Then I opened her collection box and saw all these fluffy chicks, I laughed. Inspired by the soulful saying about turning lemon to lemonade, I decided to make these cheesecake "eggs".
What you need:
- Store-bought hollow chocolate eggs (an example)
- any of your favorite cheesecake recipe... we only do the filling part
- mini cupcake/muffin
Use a very sharp serrate knife to cut off the chocolate shell's top (empty the toy), spoon in some cheese pudding, drop the cake/muffin in the center. Decorate with tiny fluffy chickens.
Photobucket

14 comments:

indosungod said...

Those are cute Gattina.
Of course as parents we keep the sadness on behalf of our kids longer than the kids themselves. They forget very quickly.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Extremely cute! That is a wonderful idea and treat.

Cheers,

Rosa

lena said...

hi gattina, super cute! i do not know abt these choc eggs but certainly this will certainly put a big smile whoever sees it and i'm sure your kid love this too. Cheer up!!

Edith said...

I perfectly understand what you are going thru. I have taught my gal to stand up for herself and am glad that she is begining to defend or brush off uninviting remarks.

I am sure your kiddo's saddness disappeared when she saw these.

Anh said...

this is sooo cute!

I hope you and your little one feel better. I have just been through a really painful period with a friend, and it's really hard :(

Katie Zeller said...

Delicious! They would cheer anyone up - mom or child ;-)

crowleyancanto said...

What beautiful exquisite artistry in your preparations...

Being a parent myself, I can relate with your feelings. Your daughter is blessed to have someone so deeply understanding of her feelings.

Gattina Cheung said...

indosungod, lena, edith and DJ twisted sister, thank YOU for listening and offering the healing message! Warmest regards to you and your families *big kiss*

Gattina Cheung said...

Anh, hope you feel much better now, and hope you find (or have found) the real sincere friendship *big hug*

hi rosa and katie, big thanks to you! And Katie, for some reason I haven't been able to post a comment in yr blog (for months already), I'll write to you then if the problem continues.

PapaCheong's 拿手好菜 said...

It sure looks GOOD!

Papacheong
http://home-cook-dishes-for-family.blogspot.com/

pigpigscorner said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

How cute are these...and I made them for my Easter dessert! I found the eggs locally, inside was a marshmallow duck which I removed. I filled the eggs with tiramisu creme/bit of ladyfinger on top and bottom, garnished with egg top with duck. CUTE and yummy. Thanks for the inspiration.

Gattina Cheung said...

thanks for everyone's compliments! They're warming my heart :)

And to my lastest visitor, thanks for your great idea!!! I'm sure doing it again and using tiramisu! The chocolate eggs in your area filled with marshmallow duck? Sound super lovely!

Ayşe said...

Brilliant idea! Thanks :)