Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chard, Sausage, Egg & Potato Crisp in Paella

Photobucket

"Paella" actually means a type of flat pan/ wok in spanish, so its name can be applied to any dish as long as the ingredients are cooked in this utensil. One of my favorite dishes I always order at a local restaurant is "farmer style potato & spicy sausage paella", for sure you won't see any saucey rice & seafood.

Sunday, late morning. I love being lazy; I don't want to fuss. But I want something fun to eat :)

I see a few Chard leaves, an egg, a spanish sausage, and potato chips... Chips?!

Adding potato chips into a dish isn't my original idea. A chef has demonstrated it on TV, I'm impressed, so I am going to have this fun and easy sunday's brunch!

Photobucket

Recipe of Chard, Sausage, Egg & Potato Crisp in Paella

(for 1 person... I use 16 cm pan which can go into oven)

  • 1 clove of garlic, mince
  • a small section of onion, diced
  • 3 big Chard leaves, chopped
  • a chunk of sausage (preferable fatty and spicy type), break it up
  • 1 egg
  • a handful of potato chips (the thick cut)
  • some swiss cheese (I use baby bel), grated
  • salt, pepper
  • some parsley, diced

Steps:

  1. Drizzle some oil on the pan, add onion and the sausage and start the heat (medium/low). Wait until more oil releases from the sausage, raise the heat to medium, add garlic, chard, salt and pepper, sautee for 2 or 3 minutes.
  2. Remove the pan from the cooking range. Add chips, an egg and cheese. Broil it in oven for a minute or 2. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks so good! I prefer that version to the well-known one...

Cheers,

Rosa

pigpigscorner said...

Your breakfast look so good! Mine's always cereal or oats.

Rosanna Guillem said...

Me encantan tus fotos, todas ellas, eres una artista!!!