Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Rose Chocolate Ganache


I love chocolate: receiving it, eating it, and collecting it.

When I was a kid, I saved the chocolate wrapping foils that I ate and kept them in my books. There wasn't really a lot as back then food didn't come plentiful. And the most fancy chocolate I had probably was Ferrero Rocher.

Recently I like to collect flower-infused chocolates, like lavender, sumbucus and rose. Sometimes I'd wrap it with hand-made flower petal paper, place a small dried flower bouquet on top, give it to my best friends as a gift.

But more often the chocolate goes straight to my tummy :) :) Today I have time to elaborate it to an elegant petit four. I cooked the rose-infused chocolate with cream and butter, then poured into (store-bought) dark chocolate cups, topped with chocolate shavings, dried roses and almond chocolate stick to finish.


White plastic plate supplied by Restaurantware



lena said...

this is really cool and beautiful! nice pictures!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What a beautiful dessert! I love the pretty presentation.



ChichaJo said...

So pretty! I love chocolate too...what lucky friends you have :)

Amelia's De-ssert said...

beautiful picture, love your presentation.