Recipe for fried ricotta pasta
Ingredients (yield 6 - 8 bread)
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose (plain) flour
- 5 Tablespoons whole-milk ricotta
- 1 egg yolk
- some whole milk
- a dash of salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, yolk, salt and pepper. Add a bit of milk to thin it out.
- Combine the flour with the ricotta mixture, add more milk (little by little) if necessary until a dough is formed.
- Rest the dough for half an hour
- Divide the dough to small balls (6 to 8 pieces), flour the work table, and roll the ball to a 2mm-thick flat dough. If the dough resists to spread, rest it for 5 minutes (covered) then continue rolling.
- Pre-heat some oil (about 5 - 6 cm deep), fried the dough over medium/medium-high heat until it turns golden brown.