Thursday, September 16, 2010

Weekend Delight - green fig

Photobucket

Every weekend I'd try to write a post about a popular local snack or a seasonal fruit.

Ooh green fig ... its eventual arrival makes my bearing for months of summer heat just so worth it! Green fig has a very refine sweetness; and the velvety green skin is so tender so delicated that you'd enjoy eating it as well. I hope you can find green fig in your area... not many food stores in Barcelona carry green figs, and they don't come too many, once sold out, have to wait for next summer...

So here's my simple breakfast - a sweet bun spread with cream cheese, topped with green fig. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delightful indeed!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anh said...

I have never had green fig b4!,, wanna try badly! ;)