Recipe for rosemary sandwich crackers with bacon cheese (yield 1 dozen sandwiches)
2 Tbps ground almond, 2 Tbps ground cashew, 2/3 cup plain flour, 1/3 cup semolina flour, 6 Tbps very cold butter cubed, some finely diced rosemary leaves, a pinch of salt, chilled white wine + ice water (ratio 1:1), 1 yolk (no white!) for egg wash, some almond or cashew (halved) for decorationFor the filling:
- In a large mxing bowl, combine the two nuts, two flours, rosemary and salt
- Add the butter and cut them with a pastry blender to the size of small bead
- Add the wine water, little by little, mix, until the flour mixture can just hold together, but definitely not wet. Press down the dough like a disk, wrap, rest in the fridge for at least an hour
- Roll the dough with no more than 1/2 cm thickness. In between rolling give the dough a lot of rest and chill time. Pre-heat the oven to 350F/ 180C
- Cut the dough with a cookie cutter (mine 4.5 cm). Lay them on a baking tray, stick nuts on half of the crackers, egg wash, bake for 15 - 20 minutes
- Cool the crackers on rack. Spread the filling and assemble as a sandwich right before you serve.