Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Avocado Chilli Pepper Spread on Pumpernickel Bread

Photobucket

What is your unforgettable sandwich?

Mine is avocado slices and pine nuts on whole grain bread.

I had it in front of a harbour during a sunset, everything seemed lightly covered with gold dust, including my sandwich.

The sandwich had a natural nutty flavor and the most beautiful texture. I would never forget the taste.

Today I don't intend of making the same sandwich, although I'm still longing for something very natural and nutty, so I use pumpernickel bread and add macadamia nuts for the topping. This avocado spread, suprisingly, tastes quite light. I'd love to make it over and over again.

To made the Avocado Chilli Pepper Spread, combine and puree the following ingredients :

  • 1 avocado, totally ripe
  • 1 green chilli pepper, with very mild hotness
  • wine vinegar
  • garlic and celery salt

avocado-a

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful and healthy combination! A perfect appetizer.

Cheers,

Rosa

Sylvia F. said...

My dad loves avocado spread ;) I'm not fan like he is ;) But it look nice and health.