Thursday, December 28, 2006

Warm cranberry punch

A recipe of warm cranberry punch posted by our sweetheart Asha comes in handy after my long trip, that big meal, plus those literally bloody drumsticks, and my unattended request (please micowave those legs unless they meant to be sashimi)...this broken soul of mine has been nourishing by this warm and beautiful punch for three days. But later I won't forgot to get my brother-in-law another present - a meat thermometer...

Warm cranberry punch (recipe courtesy Asha from Foodie's Hope )
  • 2 cups of fresh cranberry
  • 3 cups of water
  • some Chinese rock sugar
  • 2 cup no pulp orange juice
  • some orange zest
  • 2 - 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 6 whole cloves
  • for decorating the glass rim - any liquor you fancy, and colored sugar

Set out two shallow plates, one filled with liquor and the other colored sugar. Turn the glass upside down and dip the rim into the liquor, then sugar. Set aside.

In a medium pot, simmer cranberry, water, rock sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves for 15 minutes. Taste, add water and/or sugar if necessary. Strain the cranberry juice by cheesecloth and return to the pot, simmer with orange juice and zest, serve anytime.

And to all my dearest friends, happy new year!!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks quite tasty and refreshing! Here's to a healthy and happy new year, my friend!!

Hugs!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Gattina, this punch makes me want to try cranberries really bad! It's a shame we cannot find them here in Brazil. It looks so refreshing, especially with a dash of cinnamon!

Callipygia said...

This looks so festive, especially dipping the rim in liquor/sugar! Happy New Year to you.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Thank you!I didn't realize Cranberry punch could look THAT beautiful,Gattina!:)Wonderful work and I am sooo glad you enjoyed it!

Happy New Year to you and your's.

I am still in FL but couldn't resist commenting on that colorful punch!:)I will see you next week.Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Gattina, my dear, happy new year! :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm... I'm feeling very thirsty! ;-))) Happy New Year, my friend. So glad to be blogging with you!

Best,
Paz

Unknown said...

I love the colors of your photos, beautiful. It has been a wonderful year at your blog, and looking forward to more amazing creations from you. Have a great year ahead my pal! :) :)

Gattina Cheung said...

Lis, *kiss & hug*

Pat, I actually like the look of cranberry more than its taste ;p; it's just plain sour if without adding sugar. For me, cherry has more interesting flavor, but it's ridiculously over-priced here.

Callipygia, thank you my dear :D

Asha sweetie, where are you touring now... Miami? Orlando?... you've been missed!

Anh, thanks! *hug*

Sher, you're always so sweet! I've thought of adding champagne too... will experiement later, heheee...

Paz, me too, meeting you has been one of the treasure in this year!

Angie *hug hug* I can't thank you enough of being with me all the time, my dearest friend!!!

indianadoc said...

Hi gattina! Here is a new year 'punch' from me..have a rocking new year!

Anonymous said...

oh nice idea. Love the color! I will have to keep this recipe handy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, so colourful and tempting!! gattina, wishing you and your family a wonderful New year!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love cranberries and I can only imagine how warm and comforting this was! Enjoy, Gattina and a Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

Mmm, this looks for tasty and the color is fantastic. Hope you have a wonderful 2007.

rosso fragola said...

ciao ciao Gattina!

Happy new year to you from Italy

Anonymous said...

Wow - your photos are incredible! Very nice job.

Anonymous said...

wondeful and great pictures gattina.Love those pics and ofcourse recipe .Thanks to u and asha for that.Have a great wondeful newyear with wondeful people around u:-))

Sumitha said...

Gattina wishing you a wonderful new year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Gattina to you and your family

Anonymous said...

Dear Gattina,thank you so much for your friendship and encouragement , may the New Year be the best for you. Wish you a very happy New Year. Reach for the stars my friend.

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture there, Gattina!

May the new year usher in good cheer,happiness and blessings to you and your family!

Happy New Year!!

Edith said...

This looks sooooo refreshing! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I can wish it now. Happy New Year Gattina! Looking forward to reading new posts of yours!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered fresh cranberry juice about a year ago. In fact I did my first post on it. Now I'm hooked on it. But warming it and the cinnamon & cloves I must try. It will have to be next season as there seem to be no fresh ones available now! Bummer.