Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prawns in garlic-n-chilli olive oil

It is a dish that I love to order in a restaurant in Barcelona, which is famous for Galicia cuisine (north-western Spain).

Slow-cook (so in a very low heat) lots of sliced garlic and one chilli in a generous amount of olive oil (not extra-virgin), then raise up the heat and saute some fresh prawns (pre-salted) until they're about half-way done. Put the prawns in a cray dish and carefully pour in the hot oil until it cover the prawns so that the heat continues do the cooking. By the time we dig in, the prawns will be perfectly done!

My dearest friends, I am now going to New Jersey and will be back after Easter. Happy Easter to you *hug*

15 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful combination of flavors! One of my favorite... Nice pictures!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

I love the color in this post. Have a good trip!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I really like the sound of this... must try! :)

Lara said...

hi, I need to tell you that your post has been stollen by a website: http://smarticle.co.uk/food/prawns-in-garlic-n-chilli-olive-oil/. Mine (lots of them!) have been stollen and publighed as their own! Maybe we should take action!

ChichaJo said...

Have a fantastic trip! :) Love this way of preparing shrimp...and love those clay dishes! We have them too for our gambas :)

Anonymous said...

http://smarticle.co.uk/food/prawns-in-garlic-n-chilli-olive-oil/

Are you also the owner of the above? If not, it seems like the above blogger is stealing lots of photos from blogger all over.

Anonymous said...

I love all the ingredients here. Yum!

Have a fun and safe trip.

Paz

chuck said...

The photos are stunning. And the dish look delicious!

Food For Tots said...

Have a nice trip and Happy Easter to u!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

That looks so tempting!

Salty, Spicy, Sour — Indian Snacks
Funny, Rare, Artistic, Unique, Weird, Creative, Informative

Janet_gourmettraveller88 said...

this is one of my favorite tapas. great shot!

eliza said...

traveling again? ;D happy easter!

Anonymous said...

Very nice... I like prawns! I like the way you use the flowers to decorate your dishes.
Ciao.
Orchodea
www.viaggiesapori.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

I'm sighing with pleasure.

Martha said...

If you liked them in the north of Spain wait until you get them in the south of Spain. I spent the most lovely time testing "tapas" in a city called Almeria last autumn. It's unbelievable how wonderful Andalusian cousine is.

Martha

By the way, you guys may want to check this site out. It's become a life saver for me. http://www.cupandahalf.com/