Tuesday, January 17, 2006

something about flour - King Arthur

We are always told that when we choose flour better get a fresh one or the one with a big turn-over. However, I haven't seen any baker coming out to say anything about the brands... think of Rose Beraubaum explaining how Lindt chocolate much better than others... I was very disappointed with my artisanal breads before, their taste was undescriptive, and they looked grayish. After I use King Arthur flour, my french bread turns out sweet with an almost opalescent tinge. I like to make black olive paste to go with bread... blend pitted black olive with fresh or dry orengano, add a bit of extra virgin olive oil and pepper to taste. Come to rice, Chinese are always very choosy about brands. Even almost all of them are from a small country Thailand, different brands have significant difference in texture, color and flavor. Same logic to flour...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog. Your breads are beautiful. Ive never been able to make them as good. Could you please post the recipe with steps to making them? Thank you.

-NhumiSD

Ruth Daniels said...

Your photos are so beautiful they take my breath away.

Anonymous said...

Beautifuk photos. Are you able to post the recipe for the artesanal bread?