Recipe Courtesy Archana at spicyana
For the filling: please refer to Archana's spicy meat puffs
For the pastry dough: 24 sheets of phyllo (to make 16 pastries), melt salted butter, one egg slightly beat
- Marinate the meat with diced garlic, ginger, a teaspoon of chicken powder and a pinch of sugar for an hour in room temperature, or overnight in the fridge.
- Saute onion and diced green chilies with oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add turmeric, coriander powder, garam masala and fennel seed and fry over medium-low heat for a few minutes, let the fragrance release.
- Add meat, rise the heat to high/ medium-high (adjust from time to time), fry for a few minutes until half cooked. Scoop the meat into a sieve to drain, and cool off.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 - 350F
- (Follow the pack instruction on how to hand phyllo sheets) . Pile six sheets of phyllo (in between brushed with salted butter) and divide into 4 pieces. Take a quarter piece, spoon in the meat mixture, brush the edges with egg, fold and seal. Repeat to the others. Lay the pastries on a baking tray, and egg wash them.
- Baked the pastries in a medium-hot oven, 325F to 350F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Served hot.