Saturday, April 22, 2006

Arugula and pecorino pizza

How interesting my memory serves me, it doesn't only retain visual image, but also cross over to scent and flavor. I still clearly remember the scent in the air of Lion City, and the taste of my last pizza... 5 minutes before got on a bus to leave Roma. That pizza was cold, had to be as the toppings were fresh arugula and other mixed vegetable. But the wonderful flavor still leaped out from the fresh ingredients, now from time to time jumps into my memory. Unfortunately, no restaurants or pizzerias in my area make this pizza; I guess the people just can't let go oozing double-cheese and chuncky sausage. In fact, I'm mortified by the over-processed food and their lifeless flavors , and they're not that healthy anyway. So here I come with the sleeves rolled up...

The dough I made took me a half day to finish (the recipe is from Baking with Julia). It worths all the time and effort when you see that crust is so crispy outside and chewy inside. After it's baked and cooled off, spread some mild-flavored cheese as a base, sprinkled chopped vegetable, pecorino, cracked black pepper, sea salt, and spice infused extra virgin olive oil... a reunion with my old folk...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good - nice combination of flavors!