Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ground almond balls with pine nuts

Photobucket

In this week, my facebook account everyday pops up one birthday's reminder. Then I realize that all my closest friends are born in October (me too). I've just received a big box of "pinyoles", the name is in catalan (a dialect in the region I live) which actually are baked sweetened ground almond balls with pine nuts. Local bakeries start making them in fall and throughout the winter. Pinyols are very dense but moist, kind of similar to marzipan but more flavorful to me (probably due to the golden pine nut and egg wash).

These pinyoles, to anyone having a birthday in October or liking almond confection!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

So pretty and delicious looking!

Cheers,

Rosa

La Table De Nana said...

Beautiful!

radha said...

HAPPY BIRDAY! FELIZ CUMPLEANIO CON LOS PINOLES :))

indosungod said...

Gattina, beautiful as always.

Happy Birthday!

pigpigscorner said...

I like the pine nuts on it! yummy!

ChichaJo said...

Warm birthday greetings to you! This means I can share in those yummy treats as I am also born in October :) Coincidentally enough I also have many friends born in October...I think it's a very popular month!

Katie Zeller said...

They look gorgeous - I remember them well! Happy Birthday this month!

les 2 gourmands said...

aahh yes we love them !! your photos are just amazing, beautiful