Do you like to have cheese (yes just cheese, not cake) for dessert? I do.
Many years ago, I had a neighbor who's from Belgium that we're friend with, she loved to use our big kitchen (as her mother-in-law converted the kitchen to three bedrooms...) to cook for party. Everytime she had cheese for dessert, but I hadn't ever been influenced, I was still faithful to ice-cream, cakes, pies, etc.
But it just happens suddenly in this year... after a lovely meal at restaurant, my stomach is comfortably full but not stuff, feeling fruit being too light and cake being too overwhelming to round up the meal, so I have little cheese (which is usually cut into very thin, and accompanied with mamarlade-alike topping). That's exactly hit the spot!
Maybe next time I'll take some photos to the local cheese... and for this time, absolutely without a fuss, let me make non-bake cheese(cake), still delightful and super-easy to do. The dessert has high calories though, so takes it moderately, a small portion can go a long way.
Recipe for White Chocolate Cheesecake
(yield 4 small cups)
- 150 g white chocolate
- 120 g Light cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 1 1/2 tsps agar-agar powder
- some organic strawberry, thinly slice
- option: home-made shortbread cookies for the base
- Slowly heat the milk and dissolve the agar-agar powder
- Finely chop the white chocolate, and melt it over the double-boiler. Once it melts, remove from the heat and let it cool off a little bit
- Well combine the white chocolate, cheese and agar-mixture.
- Line 4 tea/coffee cups with cling wrap, place the strawberry slices around the sides, spoon in the cheese mixture.
- Chill them for 5 hours. Place a cookie on a serving place, unmold the cheesecake, remove the plastic and put it above the cookie, garnish with more strawberry.