Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lemon "circles"

Photobucket

Say you're from L.A. or Miami or Philippines. Suddenly today s_n_o_w! I'd see your mind go blank and mouth drop open...

A few days ago it snowed in Barcelona, the last time was over 40 years ago (please correct me if the time's wrong)... but still this area is not supposed to have snow during winter.

The snow started at noon and stopped around late night. People were totally thrilled, everyone took out mobile (cell) phone to snap a pic to this wonderland...

However the snow fairy could also be a nightmare to many, many people in the city... we don't have experience and proper equipment in clearing up the road. Trees fell, cars stalled, traffic paralyzed, people in the cars got stuck many hours. No bus. No taxi. My friend and her kids who were driving back from France trapped on the road a whole night!

I walked home with my soaking wet jacket and pants. Luckily the temperature wasn't killing otherwise I would get sick. Now I just need an extra vitamin C to smooth my body and soul, so I made these these lemon tartlets ... talking about think outside the square, they were practically lemon squares :P

Photobucket

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those little tartlets look delicious!

Cheers and have a wonderful weekend,

Rosa

ChichaJo said...

These are better than any vitamin I say! :)

My cousin lives in Barcelona and she sent me photos of the snowy beaches and of her snowed in garden...how strange indeed!

Anh said...

Glad that you are ok, gattina.

It would be weird if it snowed in Melbourne, too. :)

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Gorgeous -- I can taste the lemon from your photos!

Chris said...

Wow...those lemon circles are making my mouth water from across the pond! ;)

FoodTherapy4Me said...

Beautiful!

J said...

few weeks ago melbourne was hailing - very unusual thing to happen. but the next week the weather was as hot as 30 degrees celcius.. it was then i baked a lemon tart, since i need something fresh on a hot day :)