(Recipe courtesy of Francesca, original recipe is called risotto aceto balsamico tradizionale modena)
Ingredients: (yield 2 servings as the first course)
- 1 cup riso carnaroli superfino
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- few dashes of white wine
- 1 small apple, peel and diced
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar of Modena
- a few cups vegetable broth
- 2 - 3 Tbsp parmiggiano reggiano
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Let the broth simmer in a pot throughtout all the following process. Soak the diced apple in cream.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil, saute the shallot for a minute, stir in rice and saute for another 2 minutes, add wine.
- Spoon some broth by a ladle into the rice, lower the heat to simmer, stir and add broth constantly (refer the cooking direction on the rice's pack). About half way done (10 minutes), add the apple and cream. When almost done (another 7 minutes for me), stir in cheese and butter. Drizzle balsamic vinegar to finish.