- 9 phyllo sheets
- a pack of frozen spinach
- 1 medium shallots, finely diced
- 1 - 2 stalks of scallion, finely dice, including the white part
- about a cup of fresh ricotta cheese
- one egg
- a few spoonfuls of other cheese of your choice
- some milk to adjust the consistency
- salt and pepper to taste
- Defroze the spinach. In a large skillet, heat up some oil, fry shallots over low heat for a minute, saute spinach for a couple minutes over medium/medium-high heat, salt to taste. Scoop into a sieve, and press the spinach and drain as much water as you can.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix spinach, scallion, ricotta (and other cheeses if used), an egg until combine, add little milk if necessary. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Line a 8"x12" ((20cmx30cm) baking tray, lay down six sheets of phyllo (according to the manufacturer's direction). Spread the spinach mixture, on top cover with three phyllo sheets. Fold down the sides and trim if necessary.
- Bake the pie in a pre-heat oven (350F) for about 30 minutes, or it turns golden brown.