Always use the best quality of walnuts, and keep them in freeze when they are not to be used up in a short time. Honey walnuts are decadent snacks, a handful is already very satisfying, so you don't need to make a big batch in one go; sitting for too long they'll turn rancid anyway.Ingredients:
- 250g walnut halves
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- castor sugar
- optional: white sesame seeds
- Combine honey, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Add walnuts. Allow to stand for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain walnuts.
- Toss in castor sugar, coating well.
- Pre-heat the oil (just enough to cover walnuts), fry the nuts over medium/medium-low heat, better try out one nut first to see the result. Frying time takes about a minute or two.
- Remove and drain well. Sprinkle sesame seeds (if use) allover. Cool completely before eating.