Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mini chocolate basket with blueberries

The fruit already has the best natural sweetness when it's in the peak season, so I won't add anything to interfere its great taste, maybe just these baskets to please the crowd?!

I don't buy any candy mould, just used a plastic tray that saved from a box of chocolate. I brushed each "hole" with melted white chocolate (pink color added). After it got harden in the fridge, brushed with chocolate again and repeated the process until it had an enough thickness. To make the handle, drizzled the melted chocolate on a piece of parchment paper and then chilled. To assemble, dabbed the both ends of the handle with melted chocolate and placed them at the right position of the basket.

You may like to make blueberry conserve if there's plenty of blueberries... cook them with sugar (for me both white and cane sugar) and some water until the mixture thickens, add lemon and/orange zest to finish.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

My my my, so so lovely. Can I carry one basket home? ;p

archana said...

Girl !!!!
You are awesome !!!!!
What a contrast, beautiful, beautiful pics. Everytime i come to your blog, i am excited, and more than that, with every visit i am inspired. Just be aware that you have immense potential to make it big someday.
Archana

G said...

WOW. those are fabulous. they would be perfect for a baby shower

Orchidea said...

Niceeeeeee... this is the first time I happen to be here and I like a lot your blog... beautiful photos! I worked in Singapore last year for 7 months... loved it.
Ciao.

Anonymous said...

Great minds... i made some blueberry ice cream and the leftover compote i've used spreading on toast this morning!

But of course your baskets are just so pretty!!!

Nabeela said...

those look awfully good Gattina...you are a culinary genious!

Gracio said...

such a beautiful basket & a lovely creation by u, gattina! U've done it again! =)

Anonymous said...

You are so clever!!! That gives me a great idea for summer parties. Beautiful.

Neelu said...

What a sweet picture or a minty picture I must say !

Ziz said...

wow how beautiful! First time visiting your blog..it is so gorgeous! :)

Krithika said...

These baskets look so good. Great pics !

Vineela said...

Hi Gattina,
Yummy Awesome i love chocolate basket
Lovely pictures.
Great work there.
Vineela

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! Beautiful!

Edith said...

These are really beautiful. too pretty to eat them.

Deetsa said...

oh crap! I'm in friggin' FRANCE right now and you're making me miss home with those luscious blueberries.

Anonymous said...

Gattina, Wow! The basket looks so cute ,i have just fallen for it ..

Anonymous said...

Wow!! The basket is so so lovely. Gattina, you're so so innovative!! My dd would love to stay next door to you ;p

artchoo6

urban vegan said...

so cute. how clever you are!

Ana said...

This is sooo pretty! I love it!
Ana

Shella said...

The baskets are so adorable. I must admit that you are extremely talented